band member: Paul Colman
purpose, position: guitar, background vocals & songwriting
- full name: Paul Colman
- birthday: August 22, 1968
- birthplace: London (UK) - his family
returned to Australia when he was about 7.
- from: Australia
- used to live in: Melbourne (Australia)
until around 2001 - moved to Nashville, TN, in 2001
- now living in: Nashville, TN, USA
- known as: Paul
- married to: Rebecca - the couple already
had their 10 year wedding anniversary! ;-)
- children: 2 kids - daughter Katie (Katherine)
who is 3 and daughter Elly (Elizabeth) who is almost 2. [ages as of
- parents: Australian father & British
mother - His father was an actor/singer well known in theater and musicals
in the UK - but he gave it up when he felt the call of God on his life
and returned to Australia to take up ministry.
- siblings: sister Sian
- position: lead guitar, some vocals, some
songwriting (in the future!)...
- Newsboys since: January 2006 - successor
of Bryan Olesen as the NB guitar player.
- song credits (Newsboys): co-wrote the
songs "Something Beautiful", "Your Love Is Better Than
Life" and "Gonna Be Alright"
- job before music career: He was a high
school teacher (History English and Religion) but quit to concentrate
full time on his music.
- music history: He started his first band
when he was about 11 - and as well as guitar, he can also play piano.
- band before Newsboys: Paul
Colman Trio (a.k.a. 'pc3', 1999-2004) - before and after that he
was a solo artist (since 1994)!
- known for: "his sense of humour
- more info: Q&A
- from Newsboys songs: "Something
Beautiful" (from GO, 2006) [he co-wrote it!]
- from own songs: "I Owe It All"
(from LIG, 2005)