former member: Bryan Olesen
purpose, position: guitar & background vocals
- full name: Bryan David Olesen
- birthday: November 1, 1973
- birthplace: Hartford/CT (USA)
- from: USA
- used to live in: Lincoln/NE (USA) around
time of 2001-2004 - moved to Nebraska in 1994
- now living in: Lincoln/NE (USA)
- known as: Bryan
- married to: Jenni (born Hines); they
married in 1997
- children: 3 kids - daugther Jadyn (born
in 2001), son Myles (born in 2003), son Liam (born on May 4, 2004)
- parents: John & Norine Olesen
- siblings: 1 brother - Johnny
- position: lead guitar, some vocals...
- Newsboys since/until: 2003 - he was called
in September 2003 by the Newsboys to fill in for Jody until the end
of the year and was then (as of February of 2004) the "new"
full time member on the guitar position. In January of 2006 Bryan,
and Peter from NB - along with their two bands - made the decision that
Bryan left the Newbsoys to fully focus on his Casting Pearls band and
ministry work. It was a bittersweet day for both, CP & NB, was stated
in a press release -- but the hard decision was made to have more time
for families and to manage the full touring schedules a whole lot better.
Paul Colman is Bryans successor as
the NB guitar player!
- band before and after Newsboys: Casting
Pearls - note: he was still in this band (parallel to Newsboys!!!)
as he was the guitar player for the boys!
- faith & bible school: He became a
believer in Christ in his sophomore year of high school. He went to
a Bible school in Wisconsin and majored in Youth Ministry and Bible.
- scripture: quote from march of 2004:
»Hmm, I've been diggin Romans chapters 6-8 this year. The apostle
Paul has shed some light as to the battles we face in this life. I've
learned to better understand that the Christian walk is a battle against
the flesh, and against the devil. I must train myself in righteous living.
Godliness is like working out....if I want to be buff, it won't happen
tomorrow, but if I work on the little things daily, great progress will
be made when I look back in 6 months.«
- place/venue he played: Ocean Grove, NJ
opening for Newsboys for 3000 people
- favorite/most influential bands/records listened
to: In his teens, Van Halen. They were just fun and rockin. Great
songs and guitar playing. Other artists, Jellyfish, PFR, Dada, Queen
- favorite/most influential song: "Dare
You To Move" by Switchfoot. It's a great song with a great lyric.
- movie: he can't think of one....definitely
NOTHING with Ben Affleck in it
- sport: Soccer [comment of webmaster:
with that he'd get a warmth welcome in Germany/Europe! ;-) ]
- What's in your CD player right now?:
Switchfoot - "The Beautiful Letdown" / 25 Classic tunes for
toddlers (not by choice, my daughter must play this cd EVERY DAY!!)
/ Diana Krall - "Live In Paris"
- When did you first start playing music?:
»Early in life I remeber picking up a guitar the wrong way (left)
and the guy telling me I had it wrong. To this day I still prefer to
play air guitar left handed. Maybe I was meant to play left handed.
Maybe thats why I'm not that good....hmm....I got my first real 6 string
when I was 14. I've played 6 hours a day since then....just kidding,
but my love for playing and writing was immediate.«
- Why did you pick the instrument you did?:
»I just wanted to rock on the guitar like my hero Eddie Van Halen.«
- dream instrument to have: Eddie Van Halen's
red & white striped Kramer guitar
- what do you need during your day: »Discipline
to work out and get in the Word. To pray to God and spend time with
my family. That all makes for a great day.«
- worst road trip experience ever: »Anytime
I've ever driven in Case's (of Casting Pearls) vehicles«
- worst/most embarrassing moment as a kid:
»Hmm, sorry can't share that one online :)«
- pass-time activities: songwriting, movies,
advancing world peace